Dental Bonding in Little Italy Toronto.
The enamel, or the outermost layer of the teeth, is one of the strongest parts of the body. But over time, it can chip or get damaged.
An incorrect bite into some crunchy food or using your tooth to open packages can cause enamel damage. Decay and cavities could also eat away at the surface of the tooth and change its form.
Dental bonding can restore the appearance and function of a weakened or damaged tooth.
What is a dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that fixes chipped or cracked teeth. It uses a tooth-coloured composite resin material for a natural look. Bonding can also close gaps between teeth or modify the shape of a tooth. Unlike getting veneers, bonding is reversible.
Composite resin is a durable material. It’s also flexible, allowing your dentist to shape it and create a uniform and realistic look for your teeth. Resin also comes in many shades, so you and your dentist can match it with the rest of your teeth.
Why consider dental bonding?
You may consider tooth bonding if:
- Your dentist will examine your teeth to see if you’re a good candidate for dental bonding. They may require x-rays to check for dental problems that must be resolved first.
- Your dentist explains what you can look forward to after the procedure. Together, you choose a shade for the composite resin material.
- Your dentist prepares your tooth by roughing it out so the resin will adhere better.
- The resin is then applied to the tooth surface and molded to match the shape of your natural teeth.
- Afterward, they use a beam of light to cure and harden the resin. Your dentist continues to refine the shape of the resin.
- Depending on the number of teeth to be fixed, you can leave the dental office within 30 minutes to an hour.
- You can immediately return to your activities for the day because the procedure doesn’t require anesthesia. There’s no downtime.
What’s the difference between dental bonding and veneers?
- Dental bonding is done with composite resin, whereas veneers use porcelain.
- Bonding is applied and shaped right on the tooth surface during your dental visit. Veneers, meanwhile, are custom-made at a dental laboratory.
- Dental bonding takes a single visit, while the veneer procedure requires multiple trips to the dental office.
- Dental bonding is generally less expensive than veneers.
Advantages of dental bonding
Cosmetic dental bonding offers several advantages, including the following:
- Quick. A single visit is enough for the entire procedure, which typically lasts less than an hour.
- Convenient. You no longer have to make multiple dental visits.
- Natural-looking. The results give you realistic smile. Nobody will ever know you had your tooth bonded.
- Minimally-invasive. The enamel doesn’t need to be filed down to prepare for the bonding.
- Cost-effective. Dental bonding is one of the least expensive cosmetic dental procedures.
How much does dental bonding cost in Toronto, Ontario
Dental bonding costs vary depending on the condition of your teeth, your oral health, and the number of teeth you want to be fixed.
Determine whether you are a good candidate for dental bonding and how much it will cost in your specific case. Schedule a consultation with the dentist in our office.
We’re located in Toronto, Ontario, and we’re happy to guide you as you learn about options for meeting your oral health goals.
Kind words from
Little Italy Dental was a great visit for me. I contacted 3 dental places and you called me back, sent me the forms to complete prior to the appointment and then came in for the appointment. Very thorough, courteous and patience. I do not like going to the dentist but I have too and felt comfortable at this dental practice.
Thank you. See you again. Take care.
– Joanne Cioffi
Had a great experience here getting orthodontic work done. I was a bit of a tricky case because I lost retainers that were approx 15 years old, and Ramona Dico was super patient trying to get the right remodeling done. She was diligent in getting it corrected when the fit wasn’t quite right the first time I had a fitting, without making me feel like a difficult patient. I recommend this clinic. Thanks so much!
– Laura Burns
Your First Visit
Our team believes in accessible dental care. We offer straightforward pricing, clear estimates,
and an unprecedented dental warranty. Keep up with your routine 6-month checkups and if something
needs fixing, we’ll handle it at no cost to you.
Accepting New Patients. No Referral Necessary.