As of June 1st the updated guidance from the RCDSO states that Dentists in Ontario are currently permitted to provide in-person care for all deferred, non-essential, and elective services, in addition to emergency and urgent care.
In our office we have met all the RCDSO recommendations to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff. With our patients and staff’s wellbeing in mind, a few years ago we installed a special air purification system by Surgically Clean Air, which through a combination of UV light and a HEPA-Rx filter eliminates 99.9% of bio-aerosols and viruses. This state-of-the-art device does more than just filter pollutants – it destroys them. As the best way to protect the patients and our staff we will further reduce the spread of aerosols by adding two external vacuums “Flight Defender Aerosol Evacuator” and improving the High Evacuation System with the Purevac HVE evacuation system and Isolite System.
Our Reception area has also changed to allow for a ‘minimal contact’ space.The patient’s journey has become more streamlined from the booking procedure to the patient flow through the office. Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment but it will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any time.
We implemented additional procedures in order to ensure we maintain a safe environment. You will notice that depending on the procedure we are wearing more protective gear -such as special masks, face shields, gowns- that we normally do during your visit.
1) Patients will be screened twice for Covid-19 before being permitted to enter the office (Phone or online questionnaire that MUST be filled the night before the scheduled appointment and also at the time of the appointment).
2) Patients have to wear a mask or facial covering when in the office.
3) Anybody accompanying the patient to the office will be required to wait outside unless they are needed to assist the patient.
4) Hand Sanitization will be required upon entering and leaving the office.
5) Except as needed when providing care, a physical distance of at least 2 meters will be required by everyone in the office.
It is very important that everyone arrives punctually for their appointment. We will ask you to wait outside the office until you are called to enter.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to our office as we gradually resume activity.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
The team at Little Italy Dental Practice