Orthodontics in Little Italy Toronto.
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that diagnoses and corrects tooth alignment issues. Dentists specializing in orthodontics are referred to as orthodontists.
At Little Italy Dentistry, our general dentists can provide bite treatments and improve the alignment of your upper and lower teeth.
Common Orthodontic Treatments:
- Palate Expanders: An orthodontic palate expander is used to widen the upper jaw, and may be recommended by dentists or orthodontists when children’s mouths are still developing and more flexible. By using this device, patients can avoid other future dental procedures that could potentially require further adjustment in the future.
- Retainers: Retainers are typically the final step of orthodontic treatment, designed to keep your teeth in their ideal position and prevent them from shifting during wear. By wearing retainers after your braces have been removed, you can extend the benefits of your orthodontic treatment even longer!
- Clear Aligners: Clear aligners are a series of custom-made devices that gradually shift your teeth into their proper alignment. Constructed out of durable plastic, there are no metal brackets or wires needed – each set is worn for two weeks before switching to the next in series.
- Braces: Braces utilize metal wires and brackets to shift teeth into their ideal position, making them the go-to method for straightening teeth and correcting major bite issues. There are various types of braces available to meet everyone’s individual needs and requirements; braces can help straighten out teeth quickly and efficiently.
Who Can Benefit From Orthodontic Procedures?
People who have the following dental problems:
- Crooked teeth. Teeth may develop a crooked position due to habits like thumbsucking or excessive pacifier use.
- Crowded Teeth. Crowding occurs when there is not enough space for all teeth to fit comfortably, and can range in severity from mild to severe.
- Overjet or protruding teeth: When the upper teeth are positioned far ahead of their counterparts in the lower jaw, it can result in overjet or protrusion.
- Underbite. This bite issue is the opposite of overjet, where the lower teeth protrude out further than the upper ones.
- Open Bite. An open bite occurs when the upper and lower teeth do not make contact with one another when closed in on. Ideally, these should touch when your mouth is sealed shut.
- Impacted Teeth. An impacted tooth is one that becomes trapped between the gums or jawbone and cannot erupt normally due to crowded teeth or a small jawbone. It may occur as a result of trauma to the area around the tooth or due to genetics.
- Gapped Teeth. Diastema (gapped teeth) occurs when there’s an unusual space between teeth. Both children and adults can develop this issue.
Orthodontic services provide many advantages to those who receive them:
- Enhances mouth function. Eating and chewing food becomes much more comfortable when the teeth are properly aligned.
- Facilitates mouth cleaning – Straight teeth make for easier brushing since they reduce the likelihood of food deposits getting trapped.
- Improves oral health. Aligning teeth allows you to get more out of your oral hygiene regimen by eliminating crowding or crooked teeth, making it simpler to floss and brush away food debris.
- Increase Confidence. Improving your smile can give children, particularly those who are starting to become self-conscious, an extra boost of self-worth.
Are you or a family member interested in getting their teeth checked for orthodontic issues in Little Italy, ON?
At Little Italy Dentistry, we can make that happen. Simply reach out and request an appointment; our staff members are more than happy to answer all of your dental care queries.
Kind words from
Little Italy Dental was a great visit for me. I contacted 3 dental places and you called me back, sent me the forms to complete prior to the appointment and then came in for the appointment. Very thorough, courteous and patience. I do not like going to the dentist but I have too and felt comfortable at this dental practice.
Thank you. See you again. Take care.
– Joanne Cioffi
Had a great experience here getting orthodontic work done. I was a bit of a tricky case because I lost retainers that were approx 15 years old, and Ramona Dico was super patient trying to get the right remodeling done. She was diligent in getting it corrected when the fit wasn’t quite right the first time I had a fitting, without making me feel like a difficult patient. I recommend this clinic. Thanks so much!
– Laura Burns
Your First Visit
Our team believes in accessible dental care. We offer straightforward pricing, clear estimates,
and an unprecedented dental warranty. Keep up with your routine 6-month checkups and if something needs fixing, we’ll handle it at no cost to you.
Accepting New Patients. No Referral Necessary.